Painting Black: Re-living King Kong

Re-living King Kong

One of the early memories I have is watching movies with my father. Before my mom took over, where all I was able to watch for childhood entertainment were strings of Tito, Vic, and Joey films, I know by heart that I have watched ET, King Kong and Return to Oz on the big screen with my father.

I failed to catch King Kong last year and had the chance to watch it just last night. I knew Kong died in the 80's version (although what i vividly remember is Kong biting off a man's head and spitting his hat...) but the way Kong died in the recent version was shocking...even bothering for me. I don't know what was wrong, but I was actually secretly crying the whole time Kong was climbing the Empire State. As if i knew what's going to happen next. The scene where Kong touched Ann before he fell from the Empire State was just too much :(...Then of course it could be that I have this image of Kong in my head as a child, hence watching it again last night got me emotional. Buut...i checked the official filmography and it says that Kong was last shown in 1976...weird...it can't be because I wasn't born until two years later...It's another one of those things that boggles the mind.

4 Comments:

Blogger raz said...

oo nga, it made me cry too.. and i wonder, ba't di na lang sinoli sa jungle di ba? hehehe..

12:30 AM GMT+8  
Blogger shaui said...

Ay, si sexy girl!!! True, true! Kainis din minsan ang hollywood drama nu? Hehehe. Thanks for dropping by, raz. Sweet pic with papa ha! Luv your blog, keeps me updated, and kaiingit mga pics :)..pa-link ha? :D

11:38 AM GMT+8  
Blogger knottydon said...

don't worry, shawee. i cried buckets too! nasa movie house pa to ha ;oP

12:20 PM GMT+8  
Blogger shaui said...

Is it the movie or are we just cry babies? weehehe. Keep writing Donish! ;)

6:10 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Painting Black

Every day creates your history. Every path you take, you leave your legacy.

My Photo
Name:

Bedtime Buddy

Current Addiction

archives

May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

History Makers