Painting Black: TGIF

TGIF

All-hands for our group at the Discovery Suites! It started at 4pm and ended around 10pm, at least for good girls like me. I didn’t eat lunch and the gourmet repertoire was my license for filling up. I didn’t even bother which utensils to use. This isn’t the time to recall table etiquette as part of personality development 101 in college. Honestly, I don’t know why there are so many spoons and forks of varying sizes and how you must work your way from the outside to the innermost silverware until it’s time for dessert. Call me Jologs but I just grabbed a fork and tissue and it worked for me just fine. Lamb was particularly yummy! Eating with the boys is insane. I never stopped laughing. Halfway through the meal, two of them ordered something to satisfy their alcohol craving. A few minutes later, the rest decided to join the fun.

My team went to the adjacent room where smoking is allowed. Second-hand smoking is never fun so I joined the other team on the comfy sofa. The bartender suggested that I try cerveza negra. I ordered for a bottle, who wouldn’t want free booze? I later learned that it wasn't included in the cocktails menu and that it will be footed as an additional bill. Ah, wise bartender. I wonder if these hotel guys get a cut from their tactful, customer service-y hypnotic strategy. If they don’t yet, I think they should receive something. The call center industry needs people like that bartender. Anyhow, the beer was okay, just a little stronger than san mig light with a faint hint of sweetness. Also, the double shot of Absolut Mandarin vodka with sprite and cherry was unbelievably YUMMY! After the second glass, though, I realized I’ve had enough for the night. It’s too early for me to get wasted. But if I did, there’s always Gatorade from the nearest 7-11. It’s supposed to ward off hang-over. It’s one of the new things I recently learned. Thanks to alcoholics like…you know who you all are Ü

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Painting Black

Every day creates your history. Every path you take, you leave your legacy.

My Photo
Name:

Bedtime Buddy

Current Addiction

archives

May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006

History Makers